COVID-19 has turned the world upside down. But as we hope for a bright future, completing the census still helps our community’s long-term health. Each Minnesotan counted represents about $28,000 in resources over the decade! Census data is directly used to fund schools, health centers, transportation planning, roads and forms of direct assistance to Minnesotans.
Please join us in shaping Minnesota’s future. Complete the census today at my2020census.gov.
The census takes 10 minutes (or less)!
One SSCO staff member timed their census-taking experience and it only took 3 minutes and 44 seconds! It only takes minutes to be counted at my2020census.gov and help our neighborhood. It works on a computer, tablet or smartphone and available in multiple languages.
You can even complete the census by phone! There are 14 language options by phone and a TDD line. Start at 844-330-2020.
Tips to being census smart
The 2020 Census is a safe, easy and important way to fulfill your civic duty. Here are some tips that may make it easier for you:
- There is no citizenship question on the census.
- Answers are completely private for 72-years and are not shared with any government agency or your landlord.
- You’re not required to fill out every question for your census to count. Answer as best you can and if you need to skip a question you can click twice on the online form to move ahead.
- Some people put their initials or an alternative name in the “name” box on the census. The important part is filling out as much as you can and counting everyone in your home.
- Don’t forget kids! Children are often forgotten on census forms. Make sure they are counted along with anyone else who spends the majority of the time in your home. They don’t have to be adults or on the lease to count in the census. Unfortunately, furry companions do not count.
Have questions or need help with your form? Email SSCO staffer Jo Herrera at email@example.com for assistance.