- This event has passed.
Neighborhood Development meeting
December 17, 2018 @ 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Join Stevens Square Community Organization for our December meeting of the Neighborhood Development & Events Committee!
WHAT IS THE NDC?
This committee reviews and makes decisions about residential and commercial development, oversees the Community Gardening and Farmer’s Market programs, and helps shape neighborhood-wide community events like Red Hot Art and Cinema & Civics.
All are welcome! All residents of the Stevens Square-Loring Heights neighborhood, and representatives of businesses/institutions in the area, attending a meeting and over 16 years old are eligible voting members of SSCO.
WHERE & WHEN?
At the SSCO offices, 1925 Nicollet Avenue (we share a building with the Loring Nicollet Alternative School). Ring the doorbell if you need to be let in. This building is accessible to wheelchairs; please let us know if you need an accommodation to participate.
***Mint Properties residents, you could get a discount on your rent just for attending! Learn more at http://stevenssquare.org/mint-properties-rental-rebate-program.
Cover photo from Red Hot Art
- Introductions of Members and Guests
- Call to Order – Establishment of Quorum
- Community Announcements and Events
- Safety Committee – December 20, 2018 – 6:00 PM @ 1925 Nicollet Ave
- Community Meeting & Special Election – January 5, 2019 – 10:00 AM @ Abbott Apartments
- SSCO Board Meeting – January 7, 2019 – 7:00 PM @ 1925 Nicollet Ave
- Safety Committee – January 17 , 2019 – 6:00 PM @ 1925 Nicollet Ave
- Neighborhood Development/Events – January 28, 2019 – 7:00 PM @ 1925 Nicollet Ave
- Street lighting and other updates – Ryan SanCartier (Abdi Warsame’s office)
- DJR Architecture and Yellow Tree development project – Aron Johnson
- Apartment managers networking group – Nora ZeDan (edit: this will be moved to next month’s agenda)
- Old Business
- Minnesota Teen Challenge expansion update – Scott Artley
- New Business
- Red Hot Art dates, timeline, big ideas – Scott Artley & Kayla Mark
- Cinema & Civics big ideas – Scott Artley
- Emily Peake Memorial Garden update – Scott Artley
- Spring Green event – Zan Angoli
- Motions from Committees
- Community Concerns – Open time for members of the community to ask or present any community concerns