- This event has passed.
Board Meeting – Jan 2019
January 7 @ 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Stevens Square Community Organization, the official organization serving the Stevens Square-Loring Heights neighborhood, invites you to the first Board of Directors meeting for 2019.
Monday, January 7th, 2019
Hosted at the SSCO Offices – 1925 Nicollet Avenue
7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
WHAT IS AN SSCO BOARD MEETING?
The all-volunteer Board of Directors is charged with leading the work of the Stevens Square Community Organization through oversight of its policies, finances, and strategic direction. The purpose of this meeting is to conduct the business of the SSCO Board, which makes its decisions based upon the work of the committees. The Executive Director and committee chairs will make their reports to the Board.
All are welcome! Only Board members can vote on motions, but motions may be opened to the floor for discussion.
WHAT’S ON THE AGENDA?
The agenda is posted below.
This meeting is held at the SSCO offices, 1925 Nicollet Avenue (we share a building with the Loring Nicollet Alternative School). Ring the doorbell if you need to be let in. This building is accessible to wheelchairs; please let us know if you need an accommodation to participate.
***Renters! You might be eligible for a discount on your rent just for coming to this meeting. Learn more at stevenssquare.org/rental-rebate-programs.
Photo by Scott Artley
Introductions of Members and Guests
- Introductions of all present. Call to order and establishment of quorum. Recording of excused absences.
- Approval of December meeting minutes
- Approval of January meeting agenda
- Community Announcements and Events
|Finance Committee||January 19 – 12:00 PM at 1925 Nicollet Ave|
|Safety Committee||January 24 – 6:00 PM at 1925 Nicollet Ave|
|Neighborhood Development & Events Committee||January 28 – 7:00 PM at 1925 Nicollet Ave|
|Community Connections Conference||February 2 – 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Minneapolis Convention Center|
|SSCO Board Meeting||February 4 – 7:00 PM at 1925 Nicollet Ave|
Executive Director’s Report
- Community/Organizational Leadership: Tenants’ Rights conversation, Community Connections Conference, 1724-1728 Nicollet Ave development updates
- Programs & Events: Winter Community Member Meeting, Neighborhoods 2020 public comments, putting together schedule for 2019 activities with timelines
- Board Support: Getting meeting processes organized, reworking Accounting Policy, developing Board leadership base
- Operations: Redesigning communications tools and processes, rebuilding lost data, preparing for possible office space move
- 990 and AG report complete
- Formation of Personnel Committee
- Emily Peake follow-up
- Begin discussions of long-range planning for SSCO as NRP dollars decline
- 2019 budget on agenda for Jan finance meeting
- Safety Committee
- Neighborhood Development & Events Committee (NDC)
- Setting dates for 2019 meetings and activities
- Neighborhoods 2020 community comment period engagement
Board Training/Team Building
- Board member training
- Drafting an SSCO Board book, any volunteers?
- Board member training